Our tournaments are a low-stakes, high-fun, competitive chess format that play an important role and marker in the growth of our students’ chess education. It’s a great way to offer them a place to practice and reinforce what they’re learning in class with other kids their age and skill level. It also helps navigate winning and losing, social skills, emotional intelligence, self-regulation, and executive function – a focus on “practice makes progress.”
What Happens During a Tournament?
- Play three rounds of games
- Walk through the fundamentals of a tournament
- Snack break and history story/strategy on our featured chess piece
- Medal awards ceremony for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
- After completing all three rounds, every student gets to take home a golden chess piece for their collection!